Looking for the best Password Protect WordPress plugin?
These WordPress Password Protect plugins will allow you to set up your website without searching for a crowded list of plugins. By providing features and design aesthetics, these plugins help you establish your online presence in the highly competitive marketplace. We also ensure the plugins work with every WordPress template.
In short, all of the following plugins are for Password Protect. The WordPress plugins available in this category are Password Protected Pages, Password Protected Categories, Password Protected Site, Password Protect Whole WordPress Site, Password Protect Media Files, and Password Protect Elementor Pages, among others.
These are our top 5 WordPress Password Protect plugins for 2022:
Create Secure and Automatic Login Links
It is important to note that many password plugins are available for WordPress, but Temporary Login Without Password is among the most useful. This plugin allows you to create self-expiring login links that will remain active for one month.
Moreover, you will be able to determine the short-term account's expiration date and where it should be located in the system.
This plugin allows you to create secure WordPress login links that expire after a certain period. As an additional benefit, this plugin can be used to grant developers access to administrators.
In addition, you can access a quick review of your work. There is no need for a password; you can log in by opening the link.
With this self-expiring account plugin, you can add an account for someone else, along with a link that enables them to log in to your WordPress page without knowing their username or password.
💵 It is a free plugin. There are no charges attached to it.
- Any role can be used to create a temporary login
- You can create unlimited temporary logins
- You can set a language for a temporary user
- No username and password required
- You can set account expiry
- The user can be redirected to a specific page after logging in
- Very useful when sharing login details with plugin support teams. It's easy to use and hassle-free.
- The use of the plug-in is very simple. I've never heard of it before, but it helps a lot. Thanks a lot and keep it up.
a Very Simple Way to Password Protect
By using the Password Protected plugin for WordPress, you will be able to protect your website from hackers with a simple password that can be changed at any time.
Additionally, you can use this plugin to provide access to the admins of your password protect site without the need to enter a password every time they access your website.
In conjunction with this password protect plugin, you will be able to integrate both Mark Jaquith's Login Logo plugin and the Uber Login Logo plugin. As part of its functionality, this plugin sets a cookie to provide access to the website.
If you use a caching plugin or a web-hosting service with built-in caching, such as WP Engine, you do not have to take any action. If you are using this plugin, you will need to disable the caching service after setting your cache cookies and then enable it again.
Unfortunately, as this plugin does not protect images or uploaded files, you will still be able to access them if you include the exact URL; therefore, you do not password protect media files.
💵 Free support is provided for this advanced plugin.
- Ensure that your WordPress website is password protected
- Admins can access the site without entering their password
- Access to feeds is permitted
- Compatible with the Login Logo plugin
- Compatible with the Uber Login Logo plugin
- My experience with this plugin has been great. It does exactly what it claims to do without any fuss. It is clean and simple and is loaded with only the features you need without extra clutter.
A Password Protection Plugin
The Passster plugin provides several security features that make it one of WordPress's most popular password protection plugins. Using a shortcode, you can limit the content of your website by using captchas and passwords.
There is also a pro version available if you wish to add professional plugins to your site in addition to the free version. Using this plugin, you can protect entire pages with the same settings as area protection, without using a shortcode as you did in the past.
In place of blocking your entire page and maintaining the layout of your site, this plugin blocks the entire site without displaying an ugly protective layout.
Like Password Protected, with this plugin, it is possible to activate the global protection in the CMS by selecting the option. The page will be blocked if the visitor does not have an authentication password.
💵 In the Premium version, the plugin costs $79, and in the Free or Lite version, it costs $0.
- Customizable using WordPress's customizer
- You can restrict content with a password
- There are advanced captcha and Google reCaptcha
- You can password protect pages created by Elementor
- A shortcode can be generated easily
- You can customize the headline, instruction text
- When PPWP-plugin was not working, I was looking for an alternative. I Found Passster by accident, gave it a try, and all my needs were met. I'm pretty satisfied with Passster and will consider using it in future related situations.
Give Additional Control to WooCommerce Site Owners
You can strengthen your passwords by using the Password Strength Settings for WooCommerce plugin, which allows you to select between five levels of password strength between ‘Anything Goes' and ‘Strong Passwords only.'
Moreover, your custom messages can also be customized in color and appearance. In addition, the password hint can be modified or removed using this plugin.
In order to determine the strength of a password, Dropbox's ZXCVBN code is used, and it is not affected by WordPress, WooCommerce, or this plugin.
The ZXCVBN software package is an open-source program that can be adapted to work in multiple languages.
There was a time when password strength meters considered specific factors such as length, special characters, the presence of a number, etc. Still, such factors did not necessarily result in stronger passwords.
However, ZXCVBN tells you how long it would take to guess and when it can, it will indicate the weak points.
💵 This plugin is free. It is not a paid item.
- The password hint can be modified or removed
- Increases control over WooCommerce sites
- You can modify the colors and appearance of the messages
- It is possible to choose between five levels of password security
- You can display a link to a password strength calculator
- I have tested a lot of WordPress password plugins and will never find anything as good as yours. Thank you so much for your hard work.
- I just popped in, and it worked right away! Excellent documentation, even though I didn't have to use it! – Thanks a lot!
Lets Your Site Users Reset Their Forgotten Passwords
By using the Frontend Reset Password plugin, you will be able to quickly reset the password of your clients if they have forgotten or lost their passwords.
Furthermore, this plugin will send an email directly to your users when they enter their username and password containing a link they may use to reset their password and email address.
Besides covering all your needs, the plugin handles your security through WordPress's standard security mechanisms.
You can use this plugin on any WordPress website, whether you don't have access to the dashboard or wish to include a password resetting form on a custom page. Moreover, Easy Digital Downloads is compatible with this plugin.
Like Passster, with this plugin, you can see whether you have entered the incorrect email address or user name on the form itself. This plugin is not only functional out of the box, but you can also modify the text on the form elements.
💵 You can download it now for free by clicking here.
- You can reset their lost or forgotten passwords
- You can disable access to the WordPress dashboard
- Error messages are displayed directly on the form
- A lost/reset password form is available
- There are default WordPress methods available
- This app is very easy to use, has great features, and it is totally free.
Makes It Possible to Restrict The Access of Posts
Using the Access Category Password plugin, you can limit access to posts containing lists by setting a password for the posts.
Furthermore, you can modify the excerpts and content of your posts via a password-protected form so that your customers may access the content when required.
In this plugin, the content and excerpts of the posts have been replaced with a password-protected form so that users can access the posts.
Furthermore, the subject line of WordPress-generated feeds can be changed by replacing the description with any text of your choice.
This plugin uses PHP sessions to track the status of user authentication. Furthermore, encryption is performed before the storage of the password. By filtering the regular feed content, this plugin prevents posts from restricted categories from appearing on the regular feed.
💵 You don't need to pay for this plugin. You can download it for free.
- Provides a placeholder for the password field
- Ensures that the password-protected categories have been identified
- A message is set when an error occurs
- Verifies which users have access to the categories
- Determines whether or not to display the excerpt
- Displays a message of information
- My search for the perfect plugin was answered here. In my case, I didn’t want to have to deal with logging into individual accounts; I just wanted to have access to certain parts of my website restricted with a single password, which I could change as needed. Plugin maker, I wish you the best! Excellent work and highly recommended!
A WordPress Password Protect Page Plugin
The PPWP plugin facilitates the creation of a robust and all-in-one password security plugin for WordPress. This plugin allows you to password-protect different categories, WooCommerce products, a few posts, or your entire website.
If you choose to use the plugin, a cookie will be set to allow you access to the protected posts and pages. Make sure you keep that in mind when using this plugin.
Also, you can password-protect your WordPress pages and posts according to the user's role. This means that you can create different passwords for subscribers and editors.
With a single password, you can protect the entire content of your WordPress site, including your articles, pages, custom post types, and other items.
Unfortunately, you cannot protect images or uploaded files, so if you attach them to password-protected pages or posts, anyone with knowledge of the link can view them.
💵 Free Lite, the premium for $178.
- You can create the same passwords for multiple user roles
- Each user role may have an unlimited number of passwords
- Partial content protection is possible
- A reCaptcha is used to prevent password abuse
- You can password protect the whole WordPress site
- You can hide password-protected content
- It was Nina who identified our particular cache problem. We are so grateful to you for supporting us so well.
- This plugin is pretty easy to use and the documentation is nicely written. Customer support for the free version is quick and helpful.
There are several WordPress plugins listed on our site that you can use. They are suitable for anyone who has a website.
Would you mind letting us know what you thought of this article?